NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. ALCOHOL IS NOT A PART OF THE PRIZE.
The Bird Dog Whiskey Summer Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) entry period begins Wednesday, June 1, 2022 at 12:00:01 a.m. Central Time (“CT“) and ends Wednesday, August 31, 2022 at 11:59:59 p.m. CT (the “Entry Period”).
A random drawing will take place on or about Friday, September 2, 2022 to select one (1) prize winner (“Winner”).
The Sponsor’s database clock will be the timekeeper for the Sweepstakes. Entry in the Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other sweepstakes or contest. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Western Spirits Beverage Company, 2200 Lapsley Lane, Bowling Green, KY 42103 (the “Sponsor”), and/or Purplegator, 1055 Westlakes Drive, Suite 300, Berwyn, PA 19312 (the “Administrator”) whose decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects and not subject to further review in any forum.
- ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia (“U.S.”) (excluding residents of California and Puerto Rico), who are physically located in the U.S., age twenty-one (21) or older, at the time of entry (“Entrant”). Sponsor, Administrator, and each of its respective companies, subsidiaries, advertising and sweepstakes agencies, individuals who work for Sponsor’s distributors or alcohol beverage retailers, and any and all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and each of their immediate family members and/or people living in the same household are not eligible to participate. All eligibility is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. All entries submitted are the property of the Sponsor. The Sweepstakes shall be void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- HOW TO ENTER: There are three (3) ways to enter the Sweepstakes.
- https://BirdDogWhiskeySummerSweeps.com (“Entry Site”) and complete the online registration with all required information. YOU MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO ENTER.
- To complete your registration, agree to the Official Rules and submit.
TEXT TO ENTER: By texting you authorize the Sponsor to communicate with you via text. There will be several reply text messages to each sent/received text.
Text the eligible Official Keyword BirdDog to 844-455-2525, you will receive a reply text message with a link to the Sweepstakes registration entry page (“Entry Site”). Complete all required information on the Entry Site, agree to the Official Rules, and submit. Standard text message and data rates apply to each message sent or received may apply. Other charges may apply; check your mobile plan for rates/details. Participation may not be possible on all carriers. For help, text HELP to 844-455-2525. To cease receiving messages regarding the Sweepstakes, send the word STOP to 844-455-2525. You will receive a confirmation message. You will not receive future text messages regarding the Sweepstakes except for notification if you are selected as a potential winner. Please note that proof of text message submission does not constitute proof of delivery/receipt.
QR CODE METHOD OF ENTRY: Scan the QR code found on display at participating Retail Stores (you will receive a reply text containing the URL link to the Sweepstakes page). Once you have accessed the Sweepstakes page via either the QR code or by directly visiting the page, to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes, you must completethe online official entry form with all required information.
All entries submitted through the Entry Site will not be returned or acknowledged. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of any prize. Should a dispute arise regarding the identity of the Entrant, the authorized account subscriber of said email account at the time of entry will be considered the Entrant. “Authorized account subscriber” as it relates to email is defined as the natural person who is assigned the account by the email provider. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized email account holder. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, damaged or misdirected entries.
Limit: One (1) entry per person during the Entry Period. Entrants found using multiple accounts to enter this Sweepstakes will be disqualified. Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same online account. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that Entrant’s entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, a “day” is the 24-hour period between 12:00:01 a.m. CT and 11:59:59 p.m. CT. Entrants must fully complete and submit all required data on the online entry form to be eligible for participation.
By entering entry via Entrant’s mobile device, standard data fees may apply. Entrant should consult Entrant’s wireless service provider’s pricing plan for details. Entrant agrees to incur any and all charges demanded by Entrant’s wireless carrier. Entrant should also check Entrant’s device’s features for capabilities and check the device manual for specific use instructions.
- PRIZE/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”)/ODDS OF WINNING:
One (1) Prize: Winner will receive the following prize package:
Three Day/Two Nights’ Trip for four (4) to Whisky X Weekend (the “Event”) being held in Las Vegas, NV at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, October 23, 2022.
- Four (4) roundtrip (coach class) air to prize destination city.
- Quad Hotel accommodations
- Four (4) VIP Tickets to the Event
ARV of this Prize Package is $3,500. Winner and his/her companion(s) must follow the CDC Covid-19 travel protocols. Please be sure to contact the hotel and airlines for their respective policies. Should the Winner reside in the state of Pennsylvania, no alcohol will be part of any prize.
- Winner will coordinate with the designated travel agent or Sponsor representative to organize the travel package. Winner’s travel companion must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of departure. Prize is provided on an “as is” basis, without any warranty of any kind. Prize is non-transferable. Prize may not be redeemed for cash except at Sponsor’s option. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize (or portion thereof) of equal or greater value if the advertised Prize (or portion thereof) becomes unavailable.
- Accommodation and air transportation are all subject to availability. Winner and his/her guest(s) must travel on the same itinerary and on the same dates. Travel must be round trip.
- Air transportation shall be by coach class roundtrip from a major gateway to the location of the Prize, and all such travel arrangements will be made by a designated representative of Sponsor whose decisions regarding the itinerary are final and binding. Selection of airline and airport shall be at the discretion of Sponsor or any other provider of any portion of the Prize. Prize winner and his/her travel companion(s) must have valid travel documents to fly and to check in to a hotel (e.g., government issued I.D., passport, major credit card, etc.) along with any other travel requirements in order to travel prior to departure, and failure to do so may result in forfeiture of Prize. Winner and his/her travel companion are solely responsible for satisfying all legally required conditions of travel. Sponsor is not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation or delay or any weather or airline issues that prevent the Prize winner and his/her travel companion, if applicable, from traveling, in which event any missed portion of the Prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided.
- All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the Prize package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facilities charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
- Winner is responsible for any and all applicable local, state, and/or federal taxes. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen Prize.
If the actual value of the Prize is lower than ARV stated in these Official Rules, the difference will not be awarded in cash. If winner opts to travel with fewer companions the difference will not be awarded to the Winner.
The winner is responsible for all applicable federal, state, local sales and income taxes and any costs, expense(s) or fees whatsoever in connection with the Prize. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE).
- WINNER SELECTION: There will be one (1) random drawing in this Sweepstakes to be conducted by the Administrator on or about Friday, September 2, 2022 to award one Prize. Potential winner will be notified at within three (3) business days of the drawing. Upon successful completion of all required forms set forth herein, the potential winner will be a Winner.
The Prize winner will be required to sign and return properly executed documents issued by the Administrator, which shall include: (a) an Affidavit of Eligibility; (b) a Publicity Release (granting Sponsor the right to use the name and image of the winner for advertising and promotion purposes, unless prohibited by law); (c) a liability release; and (d) a form W-9, Taxpayer Request for Identification, to the Administrator within three (3) business calendar days of attempted notification as a prerequisite for receiving the prize. Failure to comply with this deadline shall result in winner’s forfeiture of the prize.
If the selected Winner is unable to accept a Prize in its entirety for any reason, the selected Winner will forfeit the Prize and the Prize will be awarded to an alternate Winner. All Prizes are guaranteed to be awarded, assuming a sufficient number of entries are received.
By accepting a Prize, the Winner irrevocably grant(s) Sponsor the right and permission (except where prohibited by law) to use Winner’s name, Prize won, likeness, photograph, voice, address (state) and biographical information in any media throughout the world in perpetuity for purposes of advertising, online posting, promotion and publicity in connection with the Sweepstakes without additional compensation.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: The Sweepstakes winner will be notified via email by the Administrator requesting confirmation of the winner’s name and mailing address. The winner is subject to verification. If a potential winner fails to respond to any notification attempt within three (3) business days, or if any attempted notification or Prize delivery is returned as undeliverable, or if a potential winner fails to complete and return any required information within the specified time period, the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate Winner will be selected. The Sweepstakes alternate winner will be randomly selected from all remaining eligible entries (“Alternate Winner”). Once eligibility has been verified and the Administrator receives the prize winner’s requested information, the Sponsor will arrange to award the Prize. Prize winner must reply with all required information in order to receive their Prize.
- DISQUALIFICATION: CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to disparage, annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. No incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
- By entering this Sweepstakes, all Entrants release the Sweepstakes Entities, and their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities including, all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees, agents, contractors, attorneys, successors and assigns (the “Released Parties”) from and against all claims and damages arising out of or in connection with each Entrant’s participation and/or entry in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her receipt or use or misuse of the Prize awarded in the Sweepstakes.
- Sponsor is not responsible for problems downloading or uploading any Sweepstakes-related information to or from the web site or for any other technical malfunctions of electronic equipment, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failures, phone lines, failure of any electronic mail entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, traffic, congestion on the internet or the web site, or any other technical problems related to web site entries including telecommunication miscommunication or failure, and failed, lost, delayed, incomplete, garbled or misdirected communications which may limit an Entrant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes.
- None of the Released Parties shall be held responsible for, and Entrant hereby releases the Released Parties from any claims arising from or in any way relating to: (i) late, lost, delayed, illegible, damaged, corrupted or incomplete entries, incorrect or inaccurate capture of, damage to, or loss of entries or entry information or technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to (x) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (y) use of any Prize and (z) the random drawing selection process including the outcome of the Sweepstakes.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, Entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; (3) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; and (4) Entrant waives all right to trial by jury. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
- WINNER’S LIST:To obtain the name of the Winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: The Western Spirits Beverage Company Whisky X Sweepstakes Winner,Purplegator, 1055 Westlakes Drive, Suite 300, Berwyn, PA 19312. All such requests must be received by 9/26/2022.